<<Back to main page
Buongiorno South Africa / GENIO TRIVIA COMPETITION RULES
This document sets out the rules that apply to the Genio Trivia Competition ("the / this competition"). The purpose of this competition is to promote Genio. Genio is a daily that offers subscribers unlimited access to downloadable premium mobile content ("the Service").
Subscribers of Genio who meet the entry requirements set out below are eligible to participate in the competition.
The total prize that can potentially be won by participants consists of ,000 Genio credits, which have a collective value of ,000 and can be redeemed at www.clubgenio.co.za. Genio credits can be redeemed for goods contained in a catalogue of prizes that is provided as part of a service agreement with Kalahari.com.
Buongiorno South Africa (Pty) Ltd ("Buongiorno") operates the Genio service and is the promoter of this competition.
Nothing in these rules should be interpreted or understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations of any person under the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- 1. Entry Requirements
- 1.1 To be eligible to participate in the competition, a person must:
- 1.1.1 be a registered subscriber to the mobile telecommunications services (cellular services) of Cell C, Vodacom or MTN (postpaid, hybrid or prepaid);
- 1.1.2 be a natural person who is a South African citizen and;
- 1.1.6 be an employee, director, member, partner or agent of, or consultant to Buongiorno (the promoter) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter, or a supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition.
- 2. How the competition works:
- 2.1. Once a , subscribers to the Genio service will receive to take part in that week’s trivia competition. To take part, subscribers need to . Buongiorno does not charge any fee for entering the competition or for participants' answering of the questions via SMS, but your mobile carrier may impose a charge for response sent via SMS. When playing via WAP or web site, Buongiorno also does not charge any fee for your entry or answering of questions, but your data service provider may impose a charge for any data usage. Buongiorno has no control over this fee.
- 2.2. consecutive multiple choice or "monkey puzzle" general knowledge questions via or , to which they must reply with an answer selected from the available options in order to be eligible to win a share of the total prize.
- 2.3. The ultimate winners of the competition will be determined by two factors: (1) the status of their answers to the questions (correct or incorrect) and (2) the speed of their responses.
- 2.4. The winners can redeem their Genio online at www.clubgenio.co.za, by logging in with their login details as at time of subscription to the service. Ranking of players happens as follows: everyone who took part in the competition are first ranked according to the status of their answers to questions sent by the service (correct or incorrect). After all players have been ranked in this way, players will be categorised into four tiers—1) Zero Answers Correct, 2) One Answer Correct, 3) Two Answers Correct and 4) Three Answers Correct. Each tier will then be ranked according to the speed with which they answered—fastest answer will be ranked first, and so forth. The player with the most answers correct at the fastest time will be eligible for the largest part of the available . Second will be eligible for the second most, and so forth.
- 2.5. The rewards, for which Genio can be redeemed, may differ each month. The number of Genio required in order to claim a reward under the Competition might also differ each month, depending on the nature of the reward. You must visit the Website to find out which rewards are on offer each month and how many Genio are required for redemption.
- 2.6. You cannot claim a reward if you do not have sufficient Genio to redeem
- 2.7. While Buongiorno will make reasonable efforts to satisfy all reasonably anticipated demands for redemption of rewards under the Competition, Buongiorno does not guarantee that there will be sufficient rewards available in order for you to redeem your Genio . In such event, Buongiorno will make comparable rewards available for which you can redeem your Genio .
- 2.8. The decision of Buongiorno with regards to the redemption of Genio is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- 2.9. Genio are not transferable and there is no cash alternative when redeeming Genio
- 3. Competition starting date and duration
- The Competition commences once the to participate is to subscribers of the Genio service on any given and will continue until 23h59 on that . Late or early entries will not be taken into account when determining the winners of the competition.
- 4. Prize allocation
- 4.2. You must visit the Genio website at www.clubgenio.co.za to find out which rewards are on offer at the time of entering into the competition and how many Genio are required for redemption of those rewards. Although Genio will remain redeemable for up to three months, the available may of change during this. The number of Genio required in order to claim a specific reward under the Competition may also change.
- 4.3. Due to the fact that the may change from time to time Buongiorno cannot guarantee that there will be sufficient stock of particular rewards available in order for you to redeem your Genio . In such event, Buongiorno will make comparable rewards available for which you can redeem your Genio .
- 4.4. To see how many Genio you have accumulated, access the Competition website at http://www.clubgenio.co.za and log in. You cannot claim a reward if you do not have sufficient Genio to redeem that reward. Genio are not transferable to other persons and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- 4.5. Once a has completed the online redemption process, Buongiorno will inform Kalahari.com of the details and the reward that the has redeemed. Kalahari.com assumes the responsibility of delivering the redeemed reward to the . Apart from an undertaking to communicate the details and information regarding the redeemed award to Kalahari.com timeously and correctly, Buongiorno assumes no liability for the successful delivery of the redeemed reward undelivered, delayed, damaged or incorrect redeemed rewards delivered by Kalahari.com. Disputes of this nature should be addressed directly to Kalahari.com.
- 5. General
- 5.1. Winners are requested to allow their name, image and likeness being used and published by the promoter in connection with this competition or for marketing activities for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they are announced as winners. Winners may however decline the use of their name, likeness and image by the promoter and this will not impact on their entitlement to receive any prize, reward or other benefit as part of the competition.
- 5.2. In the event of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Buongiorno or if required by law Buongiorno will be entitled to vary the terms and conditions of or cancel the competition or otherwise substitute or vary . Any notice in this regard will be published on www.clubgenio.co.za and may also be communicated to subscribers and/or participants in another appropriate medium.
- 5.3. To the extent allowed by law, the promoter, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors, subsidiaries and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage, including but not limited to physical harm or death, howsoever arising from or as a result of any entrant’s participation in the competition or the entrant’s redemption of any prize in terms of this competition, or from any amendments to details and/or terms and conditions of this competition.
- 5.4. In terms of legislation, Buongiorno is required to keep a list of the names and identity numbers of all winners. Buongiorno will not use the personal details of winners for any reason other than for keeping a record for auditing purposes unless authorised by the winners. The personal information of participants will be dealt with in accordance with international best practice in respect of privacy.
- 5.5. These terms and conditions are available on the Genio website and also on request from the Buongiorno via email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the hours of 08h30 and 16h30 Mondays to Fridays (but excluding public holidays in the Republic of South Africa).
- 5.6. To the extent required by law, winners will be required to fulfil the requirements as stipulated in the Regulation of Interception of Communication and Provision of Communication Related Information Act, as amended before claiming a .